Tips and tricks for making your cooperation with your remote employee a success
Mindy Support’s service is the opportunity to make your life a little easier by having a dedicated employee to lend a hand in making your business a success. Before get started, we thought it would be nice to give you some tips and tricks for making your cooperation with your remote dedicated employee a success.
Getting Off to a Great Start with your Remote Assistant:
It’s pretty obvious that “on-boarding” is a good idea when it comes to in-house.
Why not do the same when it comes to your remote assistant?
Before getting started with your new assistant, think about taking 30 minutes to:
- Introduce your business and tell your assistant about your customers
- Talk to your assistant about how he/she will contribute to your team
- Get to know your assistant
Your First 6 Weeks with Mindy Supports:
According to our experience, effective cooperation between assistant and client begins with three simple phases:
1. Start-up period (week 1-2) – in this phase your assistant will master the technical aspects of his/her work and become more involved in your day-to-day operations. You’ll start testing principal approaches, identifying the main tools and methodologies to use, and build a baseline for measuring future results.
2. Establishing a rhythm (weeks 3-4) – your assistant can execute his/her tasks flawlessly, and is beginning to learn more about your business and clientele. You have a clear idea of the results your current approach is yielding.
3. Iteration and testing (weeks 4-6) – you and your assistant will evaluate the results of your first month’s work, and brainstorm ways to improve. Think of this as a chance to define and test new ideas which can be compared with your baseline results.
A Smooth Working Process:
Once you’re off on the right foot with your Mindy Assistant, there are a few do’s and don’ts for making sure that things continue to run smoothly.
- Set clear tasks and expectations for your Mindy assistant
- Say “hello!” and “goodbye!” at the beginning and end of the day
- Invite your assistant to have a chat every now and then to discuss your plans
- Tell your Mindy assistant about your business, your partners, and employees
- Ask your Mindy assistant for feedback on his/her tasks, emails, and progress
- Set unrealistic expectations. Good results take time, effort, and dedication
- Forget to tell your Mindy assistant what you expect him/her to accomplish
- Be a stranger : )
We love to hear your thoughts and feedback about Mindy
Motivation is the Key to Success
We all know that motivation is one of the main indicators of employee success. Motivation is a trait we look for when selecting candidates for your team, and one which we continue to foster by creating a warm, collegian, and fast-paced atmosphere in our offices. As your assistant will also be a part of your team, we suggest considering a reward structure for him/her should they meet certain goals (number of meetings with potential contacts, leads generated, etc.). Believe us, even a small bonus can be a great motivation for your assistant!
We’re here to Help:
Sometimes the road to success has a few bumps in it. When you come across one of them, don’t be afraid to let us know. We’ll be more than happy to offer our thoughts on optimizing your work with your assistant, or consulting on marketing materials, mailing campaigns, or customer service strategies.
February 13th, 2020Mindy News Blog